Post Page Advertisement [Top]

From Lost Coin To Treasury

Luke chapter 15 talks about the 'losts' - the lost sheep, the lost coin, and the prodigal son.


In these illustrations, Jesus likened a sinner as being lost:
  • The lost sheep talks about a sinner who knows that he was lost but doesn't know how to come back. 
  •  The prodigal son talks about a sinner who knows that he was lost (in fact he willingly left) yet he knows how to come back. 
  • The lost coin, unfortunately, doesn't know that he was lost so eventually he doesn't know how to come back. This one silver coin is likely a depiction of myself.

The lost

I used to be a nominal Christian. I go to church weekly yet I go to the world for the rest of the week.

I could still remember I go to sleep inside the church. Most of the time I don’t take part in church activities. I consider myself so shy to accept parts in the program. I don’t have the right motivation to be active in my Christian life.

For me, as long as I know about God, believe in Him, memorize scriptures, don’t smoke, drink, drugs, I’m OK – a nominal Christian.

Later in my life, as I get older, constantly refusing to accept obligations which I usually did before become unreasonable.

As to my ability, I know they expected something different about me this time, so I pretended to be active just for compliance. Back then I don’t have the right motivation.

I continued to be that way but still I found Church activities to be boring. In fellowships, I usually get out of the church and stay in benches outside to talk with friends. I want fun, adventure, and games – a nominal Christian.

I’m washy inside the church but I’m all active outside. I joined high school clubs and contests.

Because I’m good in arts, I am recognized in most event I participated in. I find academic and extra-curricular activities to be enjoyable and satisfying. I joined a boy band. We sing and jam. I run for student government and won. I aspired for school army training and became an officer. I played sepak takraw and represented the school in competitions. 

A nominal Christian 

I allowed the world to utilize my skills selfishly. One foot in the church, the other is for the world - a nominal Christian.

I know in my life I was once a silver coin, but Jesus took patience upon me. I know I have loved the world then on the other hand I thought to myself I'm still walking with the Lord.

This is my mistake. I thought I'm in the church, but the truth is I am already lost. My heart is worldly and I long for it whenever I can.

Yes, I never got involved in gangs and deadly vices. But I know in my heart where I have set my priorities.

The song

The parable of the lost coin I themed for the song I composed entitled "One Silver Coin" gives me a glimpse of how gracious Jesus is to me. Thanks be to God. To Him I'll exclaim "Jesus, you’re my only Savior. I can never comprehend your love to me. Searching deep down every corner. Searching for one silver coin supposed to be."

I know God has given me the skill, and I allowed the world to utilize it selfishly – before – but now I dedicated my all to Jesus.

I’m still in the world, but not of the world – a Christian.

Today I still call myself one silver coin - not lost - but found, not hidden, but placed under God's treasury.

What is your 'lost' story? Please share in the comments section below.

Bottom Ad [Post Page]