Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Confession Of A Pregnant Woman Who Drinks Coke

So it's true that when a pregnant woman craves for something, one can't just take it lightly. When she longs for it, she'll do all she can to have it. No matter how rare that something is, she's going to get it. And when she finds it, her happiness reaches heaven.

I have to confess something. I'm pregnant and I have this deep crazy craving for a drink - coke.


Refreshment

During my first trimester, the heat of the day will always stop me from doing anything in the kitchen. I love to cook. But everything just smells like garlic. I hate that smell.

I have all what I craved for everyday. Each day is different. What I craved for before might not be the same today.

Just so you know, when I mention cravings, doesn't mean I have to taste all or any of it. Most of the time, I only feast for my eye. And I always look for healthy options!

Satisfied

But there's this coke, one particular drink I can't bear without. After food, is of course to have a drink. This is the only drink I particularly like. One that doesn't smell or taste garlic. Oh it's always a comfort.

Sad though, coke is not always available in the fridge. I have to nag to my husband day and night just to get what I wanted. And he always give me what I wanted!

As soon as I have it, I feel every bit of coke as I slowly consume it. Even when I was not yet pregnant, I always love to drink coke!

And so yes, I confess. I'm pregnant yet I'm drinking coke. My husband approves it. My parents never reacted. And I think, my baby is loving it too!

Take a sip!

But wait! Don't judge me yet. Don't get it wrong. I didn't mean coke as in coke. I'm into healthy options remember?

Coke, I mean, coke-conut (coconut) - coke with healthy benefits and everybody's favorite tropical drink like no other!


Yes I got you! It's the best recommended drink for pregnant women like me, I tell you.

So what are the benefits of coconut water during pregnancy? Here are the reasons:

  1. Coconut water hydrates because it is about 95 percent pure water minus the added sugar.
  2. Coconut water improves the function of the kidney thus helps to build up the immunity.
  3. Coconut water replaces lost electrolytes from morning sickness because it contains valuable electrolytes like potassium, sodium, and magnesium.
  4. Coconut water may soothe pregnant women's acid reflux.
  5. Coconut water contributes some nutrients for fetal development.
  6. Coconut water may reduce blood pressure because of its potassium.

So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

So, what can you say about coke? Please share your thoughts in the comments section below.

Bottom Ad [Post Page]