Post Page Advertisement [Top]

God's Challenge About Tithing

My mother used to teach me about tithing, that is, returning to God what is due Him - ten percent of my income. I was raised in a Christian home and my parents never missed to educate me about it. And one way to express my love to Him, they told me, is through stewardship.


The training

I started to earn petty hard-earned-money from contests, scholarships, gifts, etc. Little by little, it all became normal to me to think of returning to God 10% of the things I have (although I don’t know much about it then).

I never realized before how important tithing was. Well I know God promises to bless those who return their tithes to Him. But not until I encountered His blessing personally into my life that I started to understand His command better and how to claim His promise through obedience by love.

I don’t have money

I was working as a media volunteer for 6 months in one of the media initiatives of our church.

“Volunteers are not being paid”, as what my senior volunteers told me, “not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless”, they added.

Towards the end of my service as a volunteer, I remembered my plan to take my civil engineering board examination review. But there’s a problem. I don’t have the money!

I prayed to God for the money, exact amount actually, and claimed His promise. Not long enough, indeed, He “poured out a blessing.” I dropped to my knees and praised God for the answered prayer!

Check it out

Upon reviewing Malachi 3:10, I noticed this one particular phrase I disregarded before - “and prove me now”.

I often noticed this phrase being spoken indirectly by boxers against their competitors, “prove me now!” For boxers, those words appear to be aggressive, demanding and direct.

Research

I searched for similar phrases throughout the Bible but found none.


Appeared only once

If this phrase appears only once throughout the scripture, could it be possible God put emphasis on this particular instance?

If this promise appears only once, would it be too good to miss?

Could it be that God wants everyone to take His challenge?

God said “bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse…and prove me now.” Who asked the challenge? “saith the LORD of hosts”. And what’s the reward? “if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.” (Mal. 3:8-10)

Start today

I am sure many are taking God’s challenge already. Will you take the challenge too?

Remember, it only appears once in the Bible. Don’t let this opportunity pass without trying.

Do you have a tithing experience? Why don’t you share in the comments section below?

Bottom Ad [Post Page]