Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Small Mistake Big Impact

There are times in our life that errors are not too obvious. Maybe because they are small to notice. But this called ‘small’ could create a big impact. I have learned from experience.


On the job

July 17, Tuesday, when I started to work on this tarpaulin assignment. By noon I already finished the design, the layout, the title, the date, and anything you’d supposed to find when looking at a 1x2-meter banner for an upcoming radio programming seminar.

I worked as a volunteer in He’s Coming Broadcasting Network (HCBN) in Iloilo city while waiting for my civil engineering examination review.

Let’s check

One fellow volunteer nodded for approval after he paused for about a minute to check my work. Three other volunteers did the same too after they saw the output in my computer monitor.

I made little touches to the design and e-mailed it to our directors for their approval.

Check again

The following morning, I checked my e-mail and discovered that two of our directors checked my work. Both agreed to have me do little corrections in color and figure placements. On that same morning I did what they asked me for and e-mailed back the output again.

By evening, our resident director approached me personally to have me do color and placement corrections again. I did the work on the design with him beside me watching.

Again

Thursday morning, I did what they asked me and finished everything. My fellow volunteers checked and approved my work. I then sent it to e-mail again this time hoping not to repeat things as before.

Later that day I received a confirmation message from our resident director that the tarpaulin is approved for printing.

I forwarded it to the printing press and it got printed, at last!

“What an achievement”, I thought.

Thirty four

The next day, Friday, our resident director said there's a mistake in the date. What? The date is faulty! How come? If I recall, the design passed good critics and raised-eyebrows.

Days after, I saw the tarpaulin hanging on its designated place outside the venue. The faulty date was already hand corrected.

"34" would never exist in July or any other month. That was supposed to be July 24!.

My bad, but how could they all have missed to notice the mistake too?

We are nothing

Regardless of how good we think of ourselves, we all come short of the glory of God. Left alone, we might have let others check us and we tend to form ourselves as perfect as we could.

Our degree, profession, and position may seem to change us into a good person but the truth is we cannot make up for all the bad things we have done. But thanks be to God for He is a righteous God.

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23

If only we think first of the judgment that we each day deserve from God, we would be less inclined to conclude "good" in ourselves.

Friend, are you ready to be ‘printed’ and displayed for the world to see? Have you asked Jesus to do the corrections? He’s the only one that can check even the smallest detail of our lives. Please share your thoughts in the comments section below.

Bottom Ad [Post Page]