Post Page Advertisement [Top]

I Wonder Why Teaching Is The Noblest Profession Until I Experienced It From My Father

Once a teacher, always a teacher.

Below is my father, a 67-year old retired Mathematics teacher, with our neighbors. For him, there's no stopping. He's been helping these kids remain on track academically despite the unprecedented disruption.


For these students, self-paced and self-directed learning is a foreign concept. A teacher will help them take their own initiative and focus their learning at their own pace.

To this day, if I am back home, people will come up to me and tell me how good my father was – sometimes with memories of his old jokes. Without fail they had respect for him and he had touched their lives.

Teaching is the noblest profession. It is noble because its cause is noble.

But it is not about the profession.

It is about the daily commitment you are willing to make.

It is about pouring your soul out for those innocent souls who come to you.

Teaching is the noblest profession. And now I fully understand why.

What sweeter fruit can there be?
What greater beauty the eye can see?
Herein lies the astounding territory
Of the human brain's unexplored mystery
All laid vast for me to create
Newer vistas and horizons to appreciate
To mould new shapes, new visions, new dreams
To sail on forever on limitless streams.

Happy teacher's day to every hero around the world! ❤️

Bottom Ad [Post Page]