Post Page Advertisement [Top]

My Version of Father's Day

Fathers come in different sizes and shapes. They are a package sent to each house to solve difficult and complicated real life problems.

The abilities of fathers range from minor roles such as sewing, cooking, knot tying, homework help, to major roles such as fixing the plumbing, masonry, love guru, to paying tuition fees, and gadgets - children got their iPhone and iPad, and the father was left with “iPaid.”

salt

The occasion

The social media recently was occupied with posts ranging from appreciation to various thanksgiving to all fathers. Modern dads are born techie and can easily respond to these father’s day posts - a day set aside to honor the strongest member of the family.

However, there are still a staggering number of “Papas” who do not care about the world wide web. My father was born to that time where lamp was just their only source of night light. He was accustomed to this life that even to date, his way of living marks simplicity and satisfaction. 

My father

My father is one of those packages sent to each household. He’s slim but unexpectedly strong. He’s silent but terribly brainy. He’s funny but well too disciplined and strict.

When I was a kid, I used to believe my father knew everything. And whenever he’s around, I don't have to worry about anything under the sun.

He has wits plenty in store. His bedtime stories are all interesting. I can only manage but sing even when there's a storm. No calamity appears to be scary. I just thought he got it all covered. Now that’s what you call total dependence.

Disappointed

I was in high school, and I can’t clearly recall the exact scene but I do remember that I disappointed him.

“I thought you’re different than your other siblings.” He calmly said before he turned away and left.

His very words hit me. The moment he said that I felt regret, sadness, even repentant over something that I have done. On the other hand, I felt honored that in some way he considered me different than my brothers and sister.

The thought of the latter made my sadness even more painful.

After that incident, I promised in my heart not to disappoint my father again. Such a turning point of my life as a son, knowing that my father has high regard for me.

Father's day

So now, going back to our present time, without giving sufficient attention or thought, one can greet “happy father’s day” and that's it. Papa reads, and he’s happy about the posted greeting. One can now continue to live a life he/she used to live - without regard to the true value of the occasion.

I believe that our fathers need more than verbal compliance to “Father’s Day.”


Our Father in heaven is as closer to us than our earthly father. And like our earthly father, His protection and care towards us is unrivaled.

As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him. Psalm 103:13

My version of father’s day?

Whatever you status right now, in every possible way, make it a habit to make your father proud.

Go to school and earn a degree. Go to church and serve the Lord wholeheartedly. Love your woman, maintain self control, don't rush and marry her in the church. That will make our fathers truly happy, not just today, but every single day.

Bottom Ad [Post Page]