Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Confessions That Keep Me Positive After A Breakup

Some time in 2012, I went out with my classmates just to relax and hang out. Just like any gathering, we ended up doing Spin a Bottle and the classic Truth or Dare. I felt kind of old for these kinds of things, but for team spirit, I played along with everyone.

Of course, there was that part where we open up about our personal issues, more so about each of our love lives. I was probably the one who had the most melodramatic story, obviously because I just had a break up.

At that moment, I bitterly admitted seeing myself single for the rest of my life and that I know I wouldn't be ready for any relationships at the moment, or maybe at all.

Then of course as the night progressed, it was inevitable to ask each other standard highschool questions - “Who is your crush in class?”, “Who would you marry?”, etc. - with the promise that nothing is going to leak within the circle.

It was all for the fun of it. Most of the people in the circle were all in happy and secure relationships. It's just a hypothetical question. I was shocked when two or three of our guy friends said I was probably the one they'd consider marrying in class - set aside the physical attraction and stuff. With no malice whatsoever, it gave me a different prospective of myself.
The reasons they had for choosing me made me see myself from another person's perspective. There were things I did not appreciate or see in me that others actually valued.

I guess God knows when your heart needs to hear things to lift you up.

I think it was God's way of telling me to open up my heart of His love and rise above the pain and loneliness.

The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18 (NIV)

God is an All Knowing God. He knows our struggles even without saying it. We just have to listen.

Please share your thoughts in the comments section below.

Bottom Ad [Post Page]