Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Sharp One-Edged Pointed Kitchen Knife

I knew that it was a kitchen knife; broad and pointed. I knew, because I saw it closely; close enough, as it was held an inch away from my chest by a masked stranger. He didn’t have to say anything. I know what he’s up to. And as if involuntarily my arms moved to hand him everything I’ve had in my pocket.


It all happened a few years ago. It was just for me one of the normal nights in Cagayan de Oro City. I used to go to that nearest internet café whenever I yielded to boredom.

Earlier that night

The shop’s along the highway, within the populated area, and I never thought of anything bad to happen. The area’s not so big. The computers were lined up in just two columns; but it was air-conditioned though. That was around 7 PM when I logged in and opened one of the Christian songs I used to play before, “Above All”, on YouTube.

Minutes past wearing this huge head set, I lost to sense the things happening around me. And out of nowhere, I felt an inaudible commotion, and a 2-second reaction time brought me up in my feet helpless.

Strangers!

Two thieves are already working in a hurry, one waves a gun on the other side of the room, one approaching me with a sharp one-edged pointed kitchen knife.

I’m not overreacting over that incident, but those strangers will not hesitate to stab or shoot someone in that room to death.

If someone brave enough resisted to give what they wanted, they’ll possibly leave empty handed, but they won’t leave him/her unstained with blood. And no one wanted that to happen. We all psychologically agreed.

And the thieves got away on a motorcycle, safe, and faded in the night.

You will not surely die

Death! And I’m ALMOST! But what if that time I was mercilessly killed; what then? Is there life after death? What happens to me when I die? If I die, shall I live again? (Job 14:14)

Death? There are numerous beliefs regarding this very issue. But I remembered the two fundamental teachings rooted since the beginning of time – when God said “you shall surely die” (Gen. 2:17), and when the serpent resisted “you shall NOT surely die” (Gen. 3:4, emphasis supplied)

The serpent said I’ll die, but not SURELY die. Yes I’ll die, but not REALLY dead. Yes I’ll be gone, but there’s a part that lives on. So basically, if I believe the serpent's teaching, so when I die, I would simply continue to live on in another form.

I will surely die

But God said I will SURELY die and I STRONGLY BELIEVED IT. And since I believed it, gone is the question of the dead being REALLY dead.

I am mortal. And this is the inherent nature I possess. And because the Bible didn’t’ missed to remind me, that “the soul that sinneth, it shall DIE.” (Eze. 18:4)

That old serpent's proposal is quite 'appealing' though. It all speaks eloquently of the ‘hope’ that there is ‘another life immediately after death'. But his’ is FALSE hope, for the God of the Bible tells me that the dead know not anything (Eccl. 9:5), and that my hope after death is the resurrection only through Jesus my Savior (1 Thess. 4:16-17).

You will not certainly die, the serpent said to the woman. Genesis 3:4

So, what is your experience? Why don’t you share your thoughts in the comments section below.

Bottom Ad [Post Page]